Monday, November 2, 2020

IV - Inside - Haiku #14

Like most females born in the 50s, I learned how to bake. In the kitchen of my childhood, I held the electric mixer while my mother added eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, hot water, salt and vanilla to the yellow stoneware mixing bowl to make Mildred Sauer's sponge cake. The bowl had ample room for doubling the ingredients, but a significant chip on the rim that had to be avoided when pouring the batter into pans. 

I still bake but, on occasion, take short cuts. As a teacher trainer, I built a lesson around Laura Numeroff's  If you give a mouse a cookie for which I baked dozens of cookies: one tube of President's Choice cookie dough, 1/2 package of Quaker dry cookie mix plus whatever sweet bits were hidden away in drawers for I-need-a-little-something days. 

lumpy pockets stuffed

with cookies: oats, nuts, chocolate.

our fossil-free fuel